- Know your website login information. (Please check with your website storage provider if you do not have this information.)
- Back-up your site first.
STEP 1 - ACCESSING YOUR WEBSITE WITH MS WORD
1. Open Word.
2. Click File->Open
3. Type in http://YourDomain.com.
4. Enter the username and password (Please check with your website storage provider if you do not have this information)
5. You will see a list of files and folders. Double click the page you would like to edit to open it.
6. Edit the page.
7. Click Save to save it back to the webserver.
8. Using your web browser, navigate to http://YourDomain.com to see the changes
a. Files must end in either .htm or .html.
b. File names are Case Sensitive.
c. Do not use spaces in file names.
STEP 2 - ADDING A HYPERLINK
To add a hyper link form one page to another ---
1. Select the text you want to be a hyperlink.
2. Right click the text. Select Hyperlink
3. A box appears with all the files on your site. Double click the file you want it to link to. Done.